- Information collected and stored automatically
Simply by accessing our website, we are in a position to automatically (i.e. not by registration) collect, through the so-called log files, information about our website visitors (for example type of Internet browser and computer operating system used, number of visits, average time spent, most popular pages, information searched for, etc.). You will not be personally identified from this information. We may use this information and share it with our worldwide affiliates for statistical purposes only and to improve the content of our websites.
- Personal data you accept to provide
Through this website, Tessenderlo Group does not collect any information relating to you or on the basis of which you may be identified (e.g., your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address - hereafter called ‘personal data’-), unless you voluntarily decide to provide it to us (e.g., by registration as website user or web shop user, when you subscribe to a mailing list or when you submit a request through our website).
We simply use and if need be, store the personal data you provided to us in order to respond to requests or to process orders, applications or requests for subscription submitted by you.
If the information received is harmful, obscene, threatening, criminal or has criminal implications, we reserve the right to use, disseminate, store for evidence purposes or delete it, as we deem appropriate in our sole and absolute discretion.
- What is the purpose and legal ground for processing my personal data?
Tessenderlo Group will lawfully process the personal data that you voluntarily provide and this mainly for one of the following (relevant) legal grounds:
- to comply with our legal obligations, such as mandatory reporting, tax and accounting requirements (‘Legal obligation’);
- you provided your consent, which consent you can withdraw at any time (‘Consent’);
- or to fulfil our legitimate business interests or those of a third party, insofar as your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms don’t prevail. We will balance this case by case (‘Legitimate interest’).
Based on our Legitimate interests, Tessenderlo Group can in particular process your personal data for:
- internal analysis and market research
- contract negotiation, e.g.:
- sending a price quotation per e-mail
- requesting a fee quote
- contract execution and management, e.g.:
- fulfilling an order and/or a contract,
- following up on any questions or complaints that you might address to us
- general customer management, e.g.:
- internal CRM tool
- direct marketing/advertising,
- in particular to promote goods or services identical or similar to those that you have ordered from us (for example: newsletter);
- you will always be given the option to opt-out of receiving direct marketing mailings.
- Which categories of your personal data will be processed?
Personal data is all information relating to you or on the basis of which you may be identified. Anonymous data, without possibility to identify you, could thus not be considered as personal data. Company details can neither be considered as personal data.
For the purposes referred to above, the processing of personal data can include the following:
- Identification data, including:
- your surname and name(s)
- professional phone number
- professional email address
- the company you are working for, your job title and function at that company;
- any other personal data that you voluntarily provide to us and that are relevant for the purposes described above;
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) that require processing by virtue of the law.
- Identification data, including:
- How long will my personal data be retained?
Your personal data will be retained in accordance with applicable laws only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above.
- Security of the personal data
Tessenderlo Group maintains reasonable technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal data from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Tessenderlo Group also maintains reasonable measures and procedures to ensure that such data is reliable for its intended purpose and is accurate, complete and current. Only a limited number of persons within our IT Department or the operational team administrating the website as well as specific persons of Tessenderlo Group or its affiliates, who are in the appropriate position to answer your requests, are authorized to access, modify - if requested by you - or delete your personal data.
- Will my personal data be transferred outside my country of residence?
Because of the international character of Tessenderlo Group, it may be necessary that one or more employees from an affiliate of the Tessenderlo Group of companies, potentially located in a third country outside the EEA, require access to your personal data to process and/or store these personal data for the purposes described above. To transfer your personal data in compliance with the data protection principles, Tessenderlo Group has implemented appropriate safeguards in line with the GDPR, in particular EU standard contractual clauses.
- Data subject rights
Subject to the applicable data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (‘GDPR’) (if applicable), you have at any time the right to contact Tessenderlo Group if you want to:
- access, rectify or erase your personal data;
- restrict or object to the processing and transfer of your personal data; or
- withdraw your consent (if applicable), which withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.